Vastu Shastra, or the Indian Science of Architecture, can be dated back to 3000 to 6000 BC. It is explained in detail in ancient scriptures such as the Mahabharata, Ramayana, and Vedas.
Vastu, simply defined, is a system for harmonious living. The term Vastu is Sanskrit for “dwelling” and its rules are aimed at ensuring that residents live peacefully and in tandem with the five elements – Earth, Fire, Water, Sky, and Air.
A brief about the importance of directions in Vastu
It is a common belief that east-facing homes are the most auspicious, closely followed by north-facing homes. Homes with an entrance in the west are generally given lower preference. Many home buyers believe that the west direction is not as favorable as the east or north. However, the Vastu system speaks differently. According to this time-tested ancient science, all homes are equal, regardless of the direction they face.
This means that even if you own a west-facing house, you can take adequate measures to make it 100% Vastu compliant. In the following sections, we will help you with exactly that.
Advantages of the west-facing house plan according to Vastu
· It is believed that west-facing homes bring wealth and prosperity.
· You will be able to enjoy the warmth of the setting sun every day.
· Residents are usually popular at work and in their social circle with few to no bitter ties.
· Living in these homes is prosperous for many professionals such as business owners, politicians, religious leaders, financial advisors, nurses, doctors, teachers, social workers, etc.· Youngsters living in these homes live an enjoyable and energetic life.
West-facing house plans with pooja room
While sketching a house plan for a west-facing plot as per Vastu, here are a few things that you should keep in mind:
· The entrance of the house should be exactly in the middle of the plot or towards the north-west. It is advisable to completely avoid the southwest direction.
· The pooja room can be in the west direction. Remember to ensure that the idols are facing the east.
· As for the master bedroom, it will attract positivity and happiness if it is in the southwest direction. If you are building a duplex or a triplex, make sure the master bedroom is on the topmost floor.
· The kitchen in your west side facing house plan must be in the southeast corner.
· You can be flexible with the children’s bedroom. west, northwest, and south are suitable locations.
· The toilets can be in the east of the south-east, north of the north-west, and south of the south-west.· Make sure you have windows in the east and north directions.
|Room||West side Vastu plan|
|Children’s bedroom||West, Northwest, and South|
|Bathrooms||Southeast, North of the northwest, and South of the southwest|
West-facing Vastu plan – Tips
To make the most out of your plot or home, please incorporate the following tips from our experts:
· If you are in the process of buying a west facing plot, be careful about the tilt. The southern side should be higher than the northern side.
· Ensure that the borewell is not in the southwest.
· If you are buying a flat, avoid units that extend towards the southwest.
· The number of doors and windows in the house should be even.
· During construction, notify the architects to build the west and south walls thicker than the north and east walls.
· Choose neutral colours to paint the walls such as silver, white, and beige.
· Grow plants that love sunlight and can withstand the afternoon sun.
Vastu Shastra is an ancient system that helps you achieve harmony with nature. west facing homes are just as auspicious as east and north-facing homes, provided you follow the guiding principles and build your home accordingly. All the units in Homer Aquantis are Vastu compliant. To know more about this, please visit our website or get in touch with us.